Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Tracy Truppman, 3. Village of Biscayne Park, 0.


Betsy Wise got the most votes.  Dan Samaria came in second.  Each has a four-year term.  Will Tudor came in third, and he gets a two-year term.  Jared Susi came in fourth.

The fact is, it wouldn't have mattered if Jared had come in third, or first.  Tracy "won" anyway.  She only needed one stooge to keep things going.  All three are a luxury, so she can enjoy 5-0s, and no one to embarrass her by making clear how uninformed, perspective-lacking, and self-involved she and her pets are.  Although now, she can afford to let Betsy get all independent without threatening the bottom line.  4-1 works just as well as 5-0, as Tracy quickly learned when she had to figure out how to marginalize Roxy Ross.

I was talking to someone about the results last night.  I wondered how Betsy got the most votes.  The person to whom I was talking, who is a woman, pointed out that in this "year of the woman," Betsy gets extra points for gender, and "no one knows anything bad about Betsy."  Well, it's true Betsy is a woman, but so what?  Roxy is a woman, and she got snubbed completely, by her recent male and female Commission "colleagues."  And Tracy and Jenny are women, and they're tragically bad Commissioners.  And as for not knowing anything bad about Betsy, that's the problem.  There's nothing bad or good to know about Betsy.  We take it on faith that she even lives here.  She has had no involvement with the Village at all, until she suddenly decided she should be on the Commission.  In my opinion, the fact that no one knows anything bad or good about Betsy should be held against her.  It shouldn't be a selling point. And of course the other reason no one knows anything about Betsy is that she refused to present herself in the time-honored way of participating in a candidates' forum.  So I still don't get it.

Dan Samaria has a number of pluses.  He's been around, he's been involved, and he comes to Commission meetings.  But I still don't understand what his platform was.  And he had Tracy working too hard for him. And he, too, refused to participate in a candidates' forum.

Will Tudor has spent two years showing us how little is there.  He rides Tracy's toy train, too.  And he wouldn't participate in a candidates' forum, either.  And despite all the help Tracy gave him, and being an incumbent, he only came in third?  To a total unknown, and a guy who's lost twice in the past?  Yuck!

No, I still say the Village scored zero points with these three.




9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm opening a popcorn concession at the Log Cabin. This free, monthly puppet show will now be REALLY entertaining. And by "entertaining," of course I mean frustrating, ridiculous and a waste of time. Two more years of lost potential coming our way. Waiting to be proven wrong, hope I am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will see, I don't necessarily agree about Dan. Betsy's a complete wildcard, I gave her the name "Joker" since she was a standup comic, I think it fits. And then there's the "Verbal Strategist" angle. Don't know what to think about Will other than he was rude and verbally abusive to Nicole yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And Betsy was rude to Jared and Bob. So nice to know this is the kind of representation we will have. Only for their chosen few. We now have taxation without representation.

    And Mac I'm sure you realize the puppet show is only technically free. The real and long term costs to each of us as property owners and to our city collectively is huge.

    And Dan's many, many minuses more than negate his pluses. Among them he too (ala Noah) has anger management/emotional issues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait Will dont talk Tudor was rude and verbally abusive to Nicole am I reading this right? Details please? Maybe he does have a voice after all and its only directed towards women but if that were the case he would have spoken up at Commission meetings since hes surrounded by them, confused!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only thing anyone needs to know about Will Tudor is:
    1. he needs to install a driveway
    2. he's on a commission that has yet to pass a driveway ordinance after two years of ignoring the topic
    3. he served for two years and spent most of his time twiddling his pen and barely talking
    4. he contributed nothing substantive for two years while collecting his pay from BP
    5. he refused to engage with voters during the campaign as a way of avoiding his dismal record of service
    6. he already wasted two years of our time and potential
    7. he won re-election in a devious way
    8. last time he rode in on the skirt tails of Tracy and Jenny
    9. this year he rode in on the skirt tails of Betsy
    10. he apparently can't win on his own merits
    11. he came in third to Dan Samaria ... Dan Samaria

    'nuff said?

    If that sounds rude, sorry. It's also all true.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nah would also like to know if hes abusive towards women? That would move to the top of my list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Day of, I arrived, said hello to the platform as I walked past, they all looked at me with blank faces, I said “good morning” and they finally mumbled a hello back.
    we were at our table when a resident came over to tell us that the other table (three candidates, at one table under one tent, but not a platform right?) was telling voters that I am the “serious code lady”. As we all know , the word CODE in Biscayne Park is a big, bad scary word!! And almost always used negatively aka don’t vote for Jared because his wife likes the neighborhood to look nice.
    I walked over to their HQ with my 2 yr old on my hip. I approached the table, calm and collected and asked “hi guys, We are not saying anything bad about you at our table, please don’t say anything bad about me at your table. I am not running for commission so please stop bad mouthing me, if there is something negative you want to share about Jared, that’s fair. But please demonstrate the integrity, honesty and ethics that your poster says you have” I was interrupt by Will & Dan, both of them saying they said no such thing (Betsey was inside voting at this time, I believe )
    I replied “ok well we have voters coming to our table telling us what you’re saying..”
    will says “Nicole, I’m not going to sit here and argue with you”
    I replied “I’m not arguing at all, I’m making a simple request “
    Will says “Nicole you have an attitude and coming over here, we’re not saying anything about you” to which I replied “ please remember, tomorrow when this is over we’re all still neighbors ....”
    will began to argue back at me, Dan began to chime in, at which point I walked away.

    The voter that told us what he said was still at our table In which I went back to report “well if you’ve voted for them , they’re calling you a liar so much for integrity and ethics.”

    Will was dismissive, disrespectful and couldn’t be bothered to listen, stand up nor stand behind what he says. Wish I could say we haven’t seen this behavior before.
    Just take a drive by each commissioners house to see how well maintained each is... they can’t manage to take care of their own homes, I have zero faith they can take care of a village of homes (our city slogan, like how I did that? Lol)
    Anyone who knows me & Jared knows we let our actions speak for us..
    Jared & I donated the concrete bases for the art throughout the village, my memory is 2 bases. Jared installed them himself, the donation of time.
    We always volunteered to help with any plantings , always participated in BP events, always donated cash to the foundation or any board requesting, we raised a substantial amount of money for the butterfly garden this year. Jared served on p&Z , got metal roofs allowed in our code, we’ve attended commission meetings since we moved In ,2012, lately I don’t go since I have Mason and when you do see me, I’m paying a babysitter so I can be there.
    Laura, uninvolved.
    Will, prior to commission, uninvolved.
    Dan too, like is, has always been involved.

    Congratulations to the winning platform but I have to say, and I admit, I am biased, Jared is the real winner in life.
    We have a very charmed life that can, for now remain drama free!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So not "abusive," then. More, as Nicole says, dismissive and disrespectful. And Chuck's word "rude" fits, too. I would add arrogant. And of course-- of course-- dishonest. That's a problem we're having now, and it extends beyond Will.

      Mac's itemized summary is about right.

      Delete