Saturday, January 15, 2022

"Anonymous," Let Me Tell You a Story

Some years ago, I participated in a website for doctors.  The reason I joined was that they were looking for, among other things, psychiatrists who could author posts about things like depression, and bipolar disorder, and other psychiatric topics.  That's what they said they wanted.  So, my assumption, seemingly naturally, was that this site was for doctors who wanted to communicate with each other about medical topics.

What I soon enough discovered was first, that many other topics were discussed -- like about politics, and other things that had nothing to do with medicine -- and second, that many or probably most doctors who were members of this site used aliases, or what the site and the doctors/members bizarrely, and self-inflatedly, called "avatars."  Some of the doctors/participants were very well known in American medicine, and probably most were not generally known at all. 

The vast majority of my posts were medical, but once, I posted something to stimulate discussion of this peculiar preference many doctors had to be...anonymous.  I was curious why anyone would want to hide him- or herself that way.  (I didn't conceal my identity.)

Some of the responses (this discussion stimulated an unusually high number of comments) were interesting, in that some respondents acknowledged that they wanted to be able to say things they wouldn't say if anyone knew who they were.  To be clear, the comments they wanted to be "anonymous" were infantile and moronic rants, commonly with a predominantly ad hominem theme, and more or less always unrelated to the topic of discussion.  (Sound familiar?)  In other words, some people wanted to be able to say things they would not say, or would be too ashamed to say, if they could be identified.  My thinking, which I stated, was that if someone thought to say something they would be too ashamed to say if they could be identified, then they shouldn't say it at all.  And I advocated for the site to require open identification of members, at least to reduce the amount of dumb cracks.

As I have told you, you are not welcome to participate in any way in the Village Voice blog, and as soon as I see you have commented, I delete your comment without reading it.  You have nothing to offer, seemingly because you have no relevant thought process.  And you're infantile and moronic, and seem to want to use the opportunity you temporarily create for yourself to make irrelevant ad hominem rants, often of a grossly immature or scatalogical nature.

It is still beyond me why you waste your time and trouble, most certainly let alone the time and trouble of anyone else, to release your excrement as you do, but clearly, you're not interested in explaining this (nor probably capable yourself of understanding it).

So, apparently, you will continue to vomit your pathetic nonsense as you do, and I will continue to delete it as the meaningless drivel it is.  And I assume you will continue to feel very great relief that no one knows the identity of the loser who produces this foolishness.


2 comments:

  1. You really ought to get a life. How sad for you if this is it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SAD SO SAD I WILL CONTINUE TO VOMIT NONSENSE AND WILL BE A LOSER FOR EVER

    ReplyDelete