Friday, December 6, 2019

Oh, Judith...


The most recent meeting of the so-called Charter Review Committee was last night.  I didn't go.  I had made commitments to do two other things yesterday evening and night.  Frankly, from what I experienced at the CRC meeting before last night's, I would have preferred a root canal to sitting through another of those.  And from what I'm told, I guessed right.

I don't know what happened at the meeting.  I hope someone who was there and who reads this blog post will give some of the knock down, drag out.  What I was told was that Judith Gersten harassed and unloaded on Dan Keys in the same way she harassed and unloaded on Roxy Ross, and Dan Keys, and me, in the prior meeting.

As I said, I don't know what this was supposedly about.  If it was anything like the last meeting, it wasn't about anything, except being nasty.  What a waste of an opportunity to have the honor to review the Charter.

I don't know if it should be counted as a further waste, or the opposite of a waste (it depends on your perspective), for me to suppose that Rebecca Rodriguez was there, too, merrily experiencing the ticking of the lawyer's clock.

One of the Stepford CRC members, Kate Eaton, was appointed to the BP Foundation just this week.  I don't suppose Kate thought maybe she shouldn't be on two unrelated work groups at the same time.  I hope she thought that.  It would be great not to have her vacant smile and bobbing head on the CRC.  The CRC is supposed to be a serious endeavor, although clearly, neither the CRC nor the current Commission treats it that way.



No comments:

Post a Comment