Monday, December 2, 2019

New commissioner

My name is Virginia O’Halpin.  I am asking for your vote for Commissioner of Biscayne Park.

My husband, Richard Schmaeling, and I decided to leave condo living and return to a house.  We loved Biscayne park, and we decided to make this our forever home. Unfortunately Richard died 1 1/2 years ago.                

I am a former New Yorker. My first husband and I raised 5 children in Garden City, Long Island. I graduated Adelphi University, majoring in criminal justice and business administration. I completed my graduate work at CW Post University.  I retired from the Nassau County sheriff’s department as a deputy undersheriff.  
                                                                                                                                                                  I decided to run for Biscayne Park Commission, because I believe strongly in government's transparency.  I think we have lost our way. Article I in our charter says it all: “ this government has been created to protect the governed, not the governing...”. Government should be a place to ask questions and get answers.  And respect should be mutual.            

Please feel free to ask any questions of me.  And please vote.

Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Ginny, you hit it on the head. We need to get back to the fundamental purpose of our Government in BP.
    As quoted from the Charter:
    (A) This government has been created to protect the governed, not the governing. In order to provide the public with full and accurate information, to promote efficient administration management, to make government more accountable, and to insure to all persons fair and equitable treatment, the following rights are guaranteed: See link below for more details.
    https://library.municode.com/fl/biscayne_park/codes/code_of_ordinances?nodeId=PTICH
    We have the opportunity to hit the reset switch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can we ask questions of you? Is there an e-mail address or phone number you want us to use?

    Will vote.

    ReplyDelete