Monday, March 4, 2019

Svetlana and the Delancey Five. Two Free Tickets.


I just heard Svetlana and one of her bands a couple of weeks ago.  I didn't realize I already had tickets to see them (again) on Saturday, March 23.  I don't need to hear them again so soon.

The show is at South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center (SMDCAC), in the "Black Box" cabaret room.  This is the best venue there is.  My tickets are at a table abutting the stage.  It's as intimate and fun as possible.

The only thing some people will consider a downside is that SMDCAC is about 28 miles from here, if you take the straight line down I-95 and US1.  But it's well worth the trip.  The address is 10950 SW 211 St in Cutler Bay.  During the season, I'm there more or less every week, and sometimes more than once a week.

The entertainment is always a pleasure.  The people who work there are as friendly and welcoming as humanly possible.  The parking is free.

If you want to hear Svetlana and her guys, let me know, and you can have my tickets.  But don't take them unless you're really going to go.  If no one wants them, I'll turn them back in, and the cost of them will go on my account for next time I want to buy tickets for something.


PS: Svetlana sings mostly jazz and popular standards.  It's a nice selection of material.

No comments:

Post a Comment