Saturday, June 15, 2013

Which Page Did You Say You Were On?

Noah,

After our last Commission meeting, I was waiting to talk to Barbara Watts about her trip to Europe, and I couldn't help overhearing your conversation with Janey Anderson.  You told Janey you don't advocate for tighter Codes, but instead you do advocate for proper enforcement of the Codes we already have.  You don't seem to know much about our current Codes, but that may be beside the point.

The fact of the matter is, you have publicly advocated to reduce the stringency of our current Codes, and you have also publicly advocated to suspend enforcement of our Codes regarding people (it's not clear whether this is hypothetical, or you actually know such people) whose resources make it difficult for them to keep their properties as the Codes require.

So I'm not at all sure whether you want weaker Codes that are incompletely and inconsistently enforced, which is what you tell us at Commission meetings, or you want the current Codes to be maintained and properly enforced, which is what you told Janey Anderson.  I guess it's not hard to see that you are advocating for two opposite and mutually exclusive things.

You're most welcome to reply by entering a comment at the end of this post.  Or if you would like to reply, but you suspect your reply might embarrass you, you can reply to me privately.  You have my address.  If you would like anything you send me to be confidential, just tell me that.  I'm good for it.

Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment