Sunday, June 16, 2013

I Know, I Know, But Better Than Never. Metro, 70th and Biscayne.

Metro's been around for at least 5-6 years.  It calls itself an organic bistro, and there are two special features.  One is that they use local produce and properly raised animals.  The other is the cooking.  It's first rate, and the food would taste great no matter what ingredients they used.

I've actually only eaten at Metro twice.  The first time, my daughter had sweetbreads, I forgot what I ate, and I think I left with the misapprehension that it was pricier than it really is.  But the food was undeniably terrific.  This time it was sandwiches: a veggie burger and a chicken sandwich.  Each came with salad, and I got sweet potato fries also, because they seemed irresistible.  They were.

The food was wonderful.  All was cooked perfectly, and the dressings and garnishes were exactly as they should have been.  I'm not a user of ketchup, but I tried theirs, because they make it themselves.  In that I don't like ketchup, I don't know if it was much better than store bought, but the effort was notable.  The sandwiches were very ample.  If I were a normal person, eating-wise, I probably would have taken some home, as my companion did.  And considering the price, $12 for each sandwich, $6 for a huge serving of excellently seasoned sweet potato fries, and $1 for all you can drink of their special Vero water, it was frankly a good deal.  And if I hadn't wanted the salad that came with the veggie burger, which I don't think I really needed, I could have substituted fries or sweet potato fries and saved myself the $6.

Metro is reasonably convenient for us to get to.  In addition, the other matter of local interest is that the owner of Metro lives in Biscayne Park, at the corner of 118th and 7th.  I haven't met him, but I'm told he's a very nice guy.

You probably know all about Metro.  If you don't, do yourself a favor, and eat there.  It's tiny, but it's funky, the service is most pleasing, the food is great, and it's not at all expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment