Monday, July 23, 2012

The Drinking is Done. Time to Pay the Bar Tab.

I got my water bill today.  It's for the April through June quarter.

Disclaimers: I live alone.  I don't have a pool.  I don't water the "grass."  (I don't have any.)  I bathe every day, sometimes more than once a day, but I use a cut-off valve when I don't need the water actively running.  I do my own laundry in a front load washing machine.

My usage was 5000 gallons.  I'm not sure if it was less, but I think they have a minimum charge for 5000 gallons.  Unless they did away with that in exchange for the meter fee, but it doesn't say there was a meter fee.

My last quarter bill, under the old billing system, was a total of $72.26.  This quarter, under what I think is the new system, it is $61.87.  The "water charge" is $42.85.  The County adds a "Service Fee" (not sure what service the County renders) of $4.02.  CNM applies a surcharge of 25% for "delivering" water outside North Miami, so that was an additional $10.71.  We, VBP, add a utility tax of 10%, which was $4.29.  These charges are all per quarter.

So the total for me is about $20.62 per month.  In other parts of the country, people pay water bills of $100 per month.

So that's it, ladies and gentlemen.  Drink up.

No comments:

Post a Comment