Friday, July 20, 2012

RFD (Request for Data)

An interesting question has been posed to me, regarding the post entitled "Send in the Clowns."

I am asked for a graph of attendance at Commission meetings, to illustrate any change in it over the past few years.

This is difficult to produce, impossible, really, since we don't keep attendance.

What I can say is that when I started to come to Commission meetings, in 2005, the room was very full.  After Steve Bernard was appointed, then elected, it is my impression that attendance began to deteriorate.  And I'm not the only one who noticed.  Steve also started to complain about it, though he thought the association, and the cause, were elsewhere.  Now, even Bryan Cooper is complaining about poor attendance.  And I completely agree with Bryan.  Attendance at Commission meetings is terrible.

What's curious is that attendance should have increased beginning in December, when the good guys took the majority, at least according to Steve's theory of why attendance deteriorated in the first place.  And Steve, if you read this blog, I'm most interested in your thoughts.  Is there some factor you didn't mention or think of?  Were you actually wrong about your explanation of poor attendance?  What do you now think is the explanation for the poor attendance?

So since we don't keep attendance, no one can provide data as to what the attendance was or is.  But does anyone have any impressions as to whether it seems about as it always was, or it decreased at some point, or increased at some point?  Steve, Bryan, and I think it dropped off dramatically and disturbingly.  What have you noticed?

I'm just asking, because someone asked me.  Please use the "Comment" opportunity immediately below, at the end of this particular post, to register your impressions or observations.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment