Monday, December 4, 2023

"Moms" For Liberty

It's hard to imagine you don't already know this story.  However...  Florida GOP chairman's hunt for a threesome results in sexual assault allegation (msn.com)

"Moms" For Liberty is a right wing group started by Christian Ziegler.  (Or at least he's the Chair of the Florida chapter.  A dude who's the Chair of a group of "Moms?")  Mr Ziegler is married to Bridget Ziegler.  I don't know if the Zieglers have children, but clearly, Mr Ziegler is not a "mom."  So, we have some gender flexibility involved in this situation.  "Moms For Liberty," by the way, is alleged to advocate for "pro-family values," whatever they intend that to mean, except they're virulently opposed to "LGBTQ..."  I wonder if that's like that "Jr" guy whose father was a famous evangelist, and who liked to watch his wife having sex with other men.

Anyway, Christian and Bridget Ziegler, as it turned out, had a "friend."  Their "friend" was another adult woman who liked to participate with them in menages a trois, although she acknowledged her main interest was Bridget, not Christian.  So her gender preference was a bit flexible, too, at least with respect to what we would normally and reflexly expect of people involved with a right wing, "pro-family values" "organization."  (It sounds pretty disorganized to me.)  And especially in Florida -- the Zieglers and their friend live in Sarasota -- where you can't say "gay."  "Gay" sort of scratches the surface of this situation.

So, what happened, apparently, was that on the scheduled day, Bridget turned out not to be available.  Christian was, but that's not what the Zieglers' friend wanted.  She decided another time would be better, for her.  Unfortunately for her, Christian was running hot, and he reportedly went to her apartment, and imposed himself on her.  He wouldn't take no for an answer.  So now, she's accused Christian of rape, since he forced himself sexually on her when she told him she didn't want him to.  (Hey, I'm male.  I know what male impulses and pressures feel like.  But you have to be civilized, and sometimes, you just take no for an answer.  And if the heat is too high, then go pay someone who won't tell you no, and just wants the money.)

Frankly, I don't care what the Zieglers and their friends do in the privacy of one or another of their homes.  I don't care if Christian, Bridget, and their friends are into S&M, as long as they all agree.  I wish they could have the same level of what they probably like to call "grace" about the rest of us.  I don't care if Christian is a transvestite, or if he likes the ladies to spank him.  If they like to spank each other, and Christian likes to watch, that, too, is OK with me.

I can't begin to count how many times I've said this.  It is not possible to adhere to the Rep/con agenda without being a hypocrite, dishonest, or both.  And whatever are your (almost always religious) values, they have nothing to do with anyone else.  I have Republican friends.  They're my friends because I like them.  But they don't tell me how to run my life, and I don't tell them how to run theirs.  Do we disagree with each other about some things, like I know there's no such thing as "god," and they know there is?  Sure.  But that's OK.

The Zieglers are welcome to have sex any way they both want.  And if they can find a friend to broaden the possibilities with them, I don't quarrel with them about that, either.  They're all adults, and until recently, they were all consenting adults.  As long as they all consent, they can do whatever they want.  It's just a shame they're unable to realize that the rest of the world, and the rest of the country, are entitled to the same deference.


PS: Bridget inexplicably resigned from "Moms For Liberty" in 2021, very shortly after it was formed.  Hmm.  I have also said before that in my experience and opinion, on the average, women are smarter than men.


1 comment:

  1. Night vision a few of our recent reports technology is applied in astronomical research to observe and document celestial events such as meteor showers, eclipses, and the movement of planets during the night.

    ReplyDelete