Friday, March 5, 2021

Worth-Less

This is a different topic from the last "For What It's Worth" post.

I want to acknowledge the obvious.  I seem to have stopped posting about Commission meetings.  The meeting in February was so aimless and insubstantial that there was really nothing to say.  I probably made it through about 10-15 minutes of the March meeting before I quit.  There was some early blah, blah, blah, and the Agenda was faulty.

It will sound like I'm making this all about me, but I encourage anyone who reads this post to try to think past that reflex interpretation.  I tried to apply for two boards under the Truppman regime, but Truppman blackballed anyone who disagreed with her or criticized her, so I couldn't do anything to help out in any way.  About a month ago, I applied for the Foundation, because it needed members.  I figured that with a new Commission, maybe I could be allowed to volunteer my time.  I don't remember if I applied early enough to get on the February agenda, but I definitely applied more than early enough to get on the March agenda.  My application was not included, although applications for other boards were included.  I asked Mac Kennedy about this, and he said he would inquire.  Or lobby for me.  Or something.  Well, the answer was no, and the alleged reasoning, Mac was told by the manager, was that applications for the Foundation could not be considered until April.  This makes no sense, since there are openings (more than one), and there is no reason to limit which boards can be considered for new members in which months, or how many boards can be considered in a given month.

I wrote to manager Mario Diaz, and I pointed out that in each case, there were no more applications, for any board, than there were open seats, and all of these applications could simply be accepted without discussion, as part of the Consent Agenda.

I did not hear back from Mario about this, except for him to reiterate that applications for the Foundation could/would not be considered until April.  So I wrote back to Mario to remind him of the mindless and ambitionless inertia hell the Village has lived in since the beginning of 2017, when the Truppman regime started, and that despite the continuing lack of direction, ambition, desire, and competence on the Commissions (their majorities) since then, at least there didn't seem to be the Truppman raging vindictivenss.  I thought that was a good thing.  And I told Mario that the other big change recently was himself, and that we were all inclined to be happy about it.  The only thing I added was that we were still at the disadvantage of a Commission majority that didn't know anything and didn't want anything, and that Village functioning would essentially be a matter of Mario's instincts, unless the mindless and ambitionless Commission majority quashed anything Mario might have wanted to do.  Which might or might not have happened, or be happening.  I wouldn't know.

But my Foundation application was not included in the March agenda.  It seems like a very small indicator, but for me, things do not appear to be looking up for the Village.

So I've sort of lost interest in the meetings, since they're not really about anything, except Mac Kennedy talking a lot, but mostly to himself, and Judi Hamelburg telling her ongoing personal stories, and Ginny O'Halpin having nothing to contribute, and Dan Samaria being in some orbit no one can accurately track, and Art Gonzalez having not much of a role.

I'll still write about things, if I think they're of interest to BP residents, but I'm done chasing and memorializing the Adventures of the Keystone Kops.  The meetings are on Zoom, and if you're interested, you can watch them yourselves.


10 comments:

  1. Agree doctor it’s just a matter of time before Kennedy and Diaz and Gonzalez and a whole bunch implode what a waste of time it’s never going to get fixed until they dismantle Biscayne Park commission mayor police chief the whole bunch is got to go Low level attorneys on board Valerie doesn’t even talk anymore over 500 hours of legal time these two attorneys are on the lower tier of the legal community they hit the jackpot with Biscayne park I’ve never seen or heard such a thing that meeting goes from the 7 PM to 11 11:30 PM at night and these two lower level tier attorneys don’t say anything these meetings should be held in the daytime 9 to 5 not at night

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This Diaz is recommending we’re going to spend $500,000 on cleaning out the drain fields and the storm sewers not repairing them or making them better just maintaining them is that a joke

      Delete
    2. Too many red flags these two attorneys are based in Broward County that we had some experience in the city of North Miami Beach very little no success Bill is in charge of billing that’s about it that’s all he knows how to do between 930 and 10:30 PM the mayor starts falling asleep Kennedy keeps talking they have to interrupt art to suggest or speak up he just gives a thumbs up doesn’t talk Dan is a lost case forget it he’s in space too many fumes. Where did we get this police chief from what Police Department did it come from his he also another leftover like Diaz from another city too many red flags Diaz did spend a lot of time to reconcile his performance pay increases which I think was inappropriate for this meeting he just started and is asking for a raise. Another red flag. These meetings need to be held in the daytime 9 to 5 not this 7 PM to 11 to midnight and Kennedy asking for 15 and 20 minute extensions continuously another red flag

      Delete
    3. The rainy season is about to start let’s see what Diaz does when the flood starts and the septic tanks start to overflow again. What is half $1 million clean out the drain proposal we need pumps delivered this week and purchased and installed this week before the rainy season !!!!!

      Delete
  2. I just realized how Donald Trump is spreading disinformation and weirdness since being thrown off Twitter. He’s taken on an alter ego called “the Hot Dog King” in Biscayne Park. Thanks for opening the cage, Fred, and luring him out with red meat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let’s see what you do Kennedy when our septic tanks overflow again as the rainy season is approaching and the street start flooding again more than last year and the year before climate change dummy

      Delete
    2. Mac,

      I told a story that I thought was important for BP residents. (For the record, I continue unflinchingly to consider you a magnificent Commissioner.)

      I do not concern myself with the unhinged reactions of people like the one to whom you're referring (either Trump or the current local crackpot). I ignore those comments. They are, if such is imaginable, even more irrelevant and off point than are the nonsensical ramblings of people like Truppman, Johnson-Sardella, Tudor, Wise, Samaria, O'Halpin, and Hamelburg. What can be said in favor of the latter three is that they're not out specifically to damage anyone or anything. But they're still useless and aimless.

      Delete
    3. The commissioners still have cell phones ? The next meeting should only be about septic tanks flooding nothing else !!!

      Delete
  3. Kennedy you’re an avid gardener you claim what about the smell of the septic tanks when it rains what are we doing about it it’s in your backyard to and hundreds of other backyards

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doctor i’m here to stay I have a lifetime appointment. The watch committee at this Biscayne Park Village

    ReplyDelete