Saturday, March 6, 2021

The MacDonald Kennedy Show

To paraphrase Lloyd Bentsen, who was talking about a different Kennedy, "I know Mac Kennedy.  Mac Kennedy is a friend of mine."  He's also a very dedicated BP resident, and he's an excellent Commissioner.  Mac is very smart, supremely well-organized (well, no one is as well-organized as is Roxy Ross, but no one could be), focused and goal-oriented, and he's very hard-working.

Are there any imperfections about Mac Kennedy?  Yes.  Two, that I know about.  He talks a lot -- he dominates most conversations, including with me, and most certainly on the Commission -- and he makes too many irrelevant references.  The latter imperfection is most commonly exemplified by his reminding people that he's a Commissioner (yes, Mac, I know you're a Commissioner; I voted twice successfully to contribute to making you one), that he does his homework, and that he's dedicated (yes, Mac, those are among the reasons I voted for you, twice, and will again if you run for re-election), and that he has a husband (gay pride: good -- not relevant to the Commission or to improving the Village).  And I have to say that the same observation about referring to a spouse could be made of Chuck Ross, who rarely omitted to point out in his public statements that Roxy Ross is his wife.  Every word that came out of Chuck's mouth, or Roxy's, or Mac's, was pure gold.  The three of them are immense treasures to the Village.  It is completely unimportant to be reminded to whom they are domestically connected.

Another thing Mac and Chuck have in common is that they seem to know everyone, and everything about them.  They're interested, they probe, they're good listeners, and they have great memories.  This is a big advantage to us.  Presumably, we know that, because in the last election, we lavished on Mac more support than we ever before lavished on any Commission candidate.

It's fair to say that there's one other possible imperfection, in my opinion, about Mac Kennedy.  As Mac himself generally puts it, "'that's the way we've always done it' is not [in itself] a reason to keep doing it that way."  Mac is of course technically right, but he runs the risk of forgetting to form a clear understanding of why we've always done a particular thing a certain way before he cavalierly jettisons it in favor of what occurs to him to be a better way to do it.

The philosophical question, then, becomes would we, or I, like to lose what I consider to be Mac's imperfections.  The problem is that Mac, like everyone else in the world, is a package deal.  No one can lose part of Mac's style without losing other parts of Mac's style.  So, if we asked the question in another way, and imagined losing some of the best of Mac along with what I consider to be his imperfections, then the answer is a deafening NO!  I'll take Mac just the way he is.  As we all very resoundingly agreed to do last November, and as we all always should.


8 comments:

  1. That’s exactly what it is Dr. a show the Mac Kennedy show comical hour actually comical 3 to 4 hours once a month show broadcasted on YouTube. So if you want lots of laughs tune in once a month he has poor ratings poor viewership and one of the worst commissioners Biscayne Park is ever had and is inception of being a Biscayne Park Village my suggestion to out don’t waste your time viewing the comical Mac Kennedy show once a month his monthly meetings should be about getting things done we have a major flood issue in Biscayne Park we have a major storm sewer system broken we have septic tanks that are overflowing when it rains. I say we cancel the Mac Kennedy show and start focusing on things that need to be done for Biscayne Park floods sewer back ups oh and thank God Chuck and Rosse are gone for good Biscayne Parks long embedded nightmare couple !!! I’ve been watching this crowd for the last seven years now it’s gone from worse to disaster and more disaster is coming To dysfunctional has been attorneys one dysfunctional city manager The mayor that can’t stay up past 930 at night free cell phones for everyone that’s in the commission the police department is made up of volunteer police officers holding on to keep their credentials while they’re waiting to be employed in other cities a disaster in the making !!! I wonder if the residence of Biscayne Park and hold the village responsible for damages caused by neglection of storm sewers causing septic tanks to overflow on private property maybe to the residence of Biscayne Park should file a class action lawsuit against the village of Biscayne Park for miss managing public works

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't understand you, whatever your name is. It's completely unclear to me why you live here. There's nothing about this place, or the people who live here, that you approve of. From what you wrote, I'm tempted to think you're very unintelligent, and you have no idea what you're doing or talking about. And maybe that's the answer to my question. Maybe you just don't have sense enough to find for yourself a place to live that would please you. BP clearly doesn't. You whine endlessly about the septic tanks here, so you should probably be looking for a place that's on common sewage lines. And you find nothing but fault with the best Commissioners we've had in years. If you need help packing, please feel free to call upon me.

      Delete
    2. If Kennedy truly your friend Dr. why didn’t you get your foundation on the board any why ? decline yout in rigged system doctor there not gonna let you anywhere near Biscayne Park Village City Hall any more doctor !!! Don’t waste your time With does Bunch of clowns !!

      Delete
    3. The reason why I live here because it’s a beautiful place very comfortable and peaceful the problem is the people running Biscayne Park Village are a horrible bunch and been a horrible bunch for many many years long before you and I have moved here as I mentioned before I am in charge. Of the People’s watch committee when I see something wrong I call it out !!

      Delete
    4. Let’s see if your septic tank backs up because of the flooding if you stay silence doctor or if you can’t drive the roads of this game plug village safely because of flooding and roads are closed off and roads are decaying If you stay silent you’ll have the loudest speaker in town should’ve happened to you

      Delete
    5. Kennedy is not your friend. !!! No one on the commission is your friend. You’ve been blocked out they don’t want you back in this game Park Village property City Hall

      Delete
    6. Look, whatever your name is, you don't know what you're talking about. I already told you Mac lobbied for me. Can't you read, or don't you believe me? It was the manager who decided that applications for the Foundation could only be considered in April. This isn't statutory. It isn't true. He's limited, and he doesn't know better. And I don't even take this personally. He doesn't know me. He has no wish to frustrate either me or the Foundation. You really have no idea what goes on around here. It's surprising that you keep spouting off, when you don't know anything. All of your fixations, about the septic tanks and about everything else, are crazy. And by the way, either you're a shockingly bad typist, or you continue to dictate comments that are transcribed wrong. And you don't fix them. I assume that your attention span is so short that you don't even proofread what is typed. You ought to do something about this. (You should also leave this blog alone, as you previously agreed to do. If you're demonstrating that you're not honest, or you can't sustain a commitment, I get that. I realize you have no life, and erupting here is your main activity, but really, no one cares.)

      Delete
    7. People do care I’m one of them like I mention I have a lifetime appointment to overseeing the committee my position as the chairman of the Biscayne Park watch public affairs lifetime appointment get used to me

      Delete