Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Correction to "I Should Have to Work Harder..."

Roxy Ross contacted me after I posted "I Should Have to Work Harder..."  She let me know that it was not Jacobs' idea to delay starting the meeting last time.  It was her own idea.  She said Jacobs asked her if he should start without Watts and Cooper, and she told him he should wait.  She also told me that Watts showed up, breathless and frazzled, put her stuff down, then wanted to go back to the lobby to get a cup of coffee.  Again, Ross felt it was appropriate to wait for her to come back.

So my apologies to Jacobs for my assumption, based on what I took to be an observation, that he chose not to start the meeting without Watts and Cooper.  It was certainly his decision to make, but according to Ross, it was not he who made it.

If we assume that he proceeds the same way all the time, we would then have to imagine that the month before, he asked Watts and Cooper what to do in Ross' and Anderson's absence, and they told him to forge ahead without these colleagues.  If this is the case, it is made to appear that Ross, and persumably Anderson, are considerate of their colleagues, and Watts and Cooper are not.  And of course Jacobs comes out looking either like he can't make decisions on his own, doesn't know what he's doing, or couldn't care less.

Anyway, I did want to be fair.  I said something, and assumed something, that was technically incorrect.

No comments:

Post a Comment