Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Personal Insult Added to General Injury

This morning at 8:10, I again encountered the guy with the two Siberian huskies.  You remember them.  They're the dogs bred for ultra cold weather, and he keeps them in a very hot climate.  About 50 minutes before I saw him, I encountered another casual walker, who commented to me that today was a "steambath."  I guess it was more so 50 minutes later.

Anyway, the guy recognized me, smiled in a friendly way, and told me he hoped he would make it to my age.  I asked him how old he thought I was.  He said he himself is 40.  (This sounds like a non sequitur, and I would hold it against his intellect, but I already wasn't very impressed, from my last encounter with him.)  I asked him again how old he thought I was, and he guessed 60.  Sixty-eight, I told him. And he repeated his hope that he himself would make it to my age.

I imagine he thought he was complimenting me, like he thought he was taking good care of two Siberian huskies-- you know, the dogs bred for extreme cold, but he keeps them in a very hot climate.

5 comments:

  1. Fred I wish I make it to 40 in this awful heat LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Art? No offense, but I thought 40 was in your rear view mirror. My apologies!

      By the way, you and the dolt with the huskies will be impressed-- I am-- to know that today, I broke my record for lunges. 680 in 3.2 miles. My daughter, who is a fitness trainer, is impressed.

      Fred

      Delete
  2. Ive never been so insulted in my life. Il have you know that I may be 52 but I fell like 72 LOL Im impressed with those lunges as well. When I get to your age Ill start exercising.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you already feel like 72, and you're only 52, you better say IF, not when, you get to my age.

      Delete