Wednesday, December 24, 2014

From the Mouths of Babes


My nephew and niece are visiting from California.  I had breakfast with them Sunday, until I had to leave to meet up with Chuck Ross.  Chuck and I set aside time to go door-to-door seeking donations for "The Ballplayer" sculpture.  I saw my nephew and niece again last night for dinner. 


Nephew: So how did it go Sunday, collecting money?

Me: We collected about $350.

Nephew:  That's not bad.

Me:  No, but we need a total of $6000.

Nephew:  How many people live there?

Me:  About 3000.

Nephew:  So why don't you have everyone pay $2 each?


Why, indeed?  Only 20-something, and already a genius.


2 comments:

  1. It is too bad that some "grown-ups" forget how to solve a problem in a logical and rather simple manner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say that it was very encouraging to hear from almost everyone we spoke to that they either like or love the sculpture and that this was something that they wanted to make sure stayed in the Village. Most thought public work adds to the value of the neighborhood and most of the people we spoke to contributed money or pledged to do so.

    ReplyDelete