Monday, November 14, 2011

Heads up.

Well, this is most perplexing.  I have continued to receive requests to remove the "Heads up" post.  The basis is always the same, with one exception.  Everyone who asked me to remove it cited concerns that I was being divisive or inflammatory. Only one person asked me to remove it on the basis that the assertion wasn't true, and that person had no direct reason to know.  No one who is in a position to know has said anything about the post.  What's curious about this is that anyone could say anything he or she wants.  Anyone could assert the rumor wasn't correct, even if it was.  And I haven't even gotten that.

So, as far as I can tell, the rumor is correct.  I believe this to be the case, and I have no reason nor even meaningful suggestion to believe otherwise.  On the other hand, I have no reason to be divisive or inflammatory, and if reasonable people experience the post, or me, that way, then I will conclude the posting made its point, and there is no reason to belabor it.  So I have removed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment